Monday, February 8, 2010

Princess Bella is Three!

All Bella has talked about since Carter's birthday party is how she was going to has a "princess" birthday party...so a princess party is what we had! All of Bella's girl cousins came dressed in their favorite princess dresses and were all adorable. As everyone arrived the kids played musical chairs and as they got out the girls got makeovers...nails painted, eye shadow, blush, lip gloss, princess jewerly and of course a tiara! As the boys got out they were transformed into brave knights. They were given knight armor... a sword and shield (cut out of cardboard which they were able to decorate with markers and crayons.) The kids all had a lot of fun. The princesses loved getting makeovers and the knights loved using their shields and swords! The girls had their own pink princess table set with their own giant cupcakes and personalized "fancy" glasses.
My favorite thing during the whole day was singing Happy Birthday to Bella! It is the sweetest thing to watch her beam as she soaks in all the attention, looking around at everyone in disbelief...it's as if she can't believe everyone is singing just to her. I remember her doing this exact thing on her first birthday and it really is the sweetest thing!

The pretty princesses and the knights at the round table!!Musical Chairs!!! After the party... when everyone had left...I asked Bella what she liked most...her first response was...icecream! Then I asked again...her second response was pizza! If you know Bella you know how appropriate these responses were...she definately loves her food :) So I tried one more time... her third response was...playing! Playing? I asked. Yeah, playing... walk, walk, walk, sit down. Walk, walk, sit down. This was the kind of response I was looking for...she liked playing musical chairs! :) Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment